Thursday, February 14, 2008
Happy Valentines Day To Everyone! It's a special day to tell someone you love them--not just husbands and wives, or boyfriends and girlfriends, but anyone whom you love with all your heart! We hope all couples who decide to get engaged on this special day will consider an Emerald Coast Beach Wedding as the perfect way to join their lives in marriage! Give us a call to find out how your special day can be a perfect dream on our beautiful beaches! A gorgeous Panama City Beach wedding is waiting for you--and we can help you plan it!
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Ah! Spring again! And around here, it's Florida Spring Break Time! What that means for us here in Panama City Beach is many kids here having a good time. But while you might think that having your wedding in Panama City Beach Florida during Spring Break might not be a good idea, it's really not at all like it used to be during the 80's and 90's when Panama City Beach was THE Spring Break Destination for every college kid in America. Panama City Beach has grown up and is becoming more upscale and family oriented with every passing year. Here are a few suggestions to things much easier if you are planning a Panama City Beach wedding --as a life-long local I consider myself quite savvy about our Spring Break season!
1. Rent a beach house. You won't have to listen to kids running up and down the hallways all night or wishing the elevator was just a little bit less crowded. Plus--you basically have your own little spot of beach right behind the house. Perfect!
2. Have to rent a condo? Try to go for the ones that have an age limit to rent there. Many of the new and luxury condos will have an age limit of 25 or older. The nicer condos will also be more likely to get rid of those who are disruptive and unruly.
3. Try to stay at the west end of Panama City Beach. It's away from the superclubs and usually far enough away from the main portion of the strip where people like to cruise up and down. The furthest west the better if you want more peace and quiet. Don't want to be in the middle of action? Then don't stay on Thomas Drive or the first 5 miles of Front Beach Road from Long Beach Resort going west. Once you get past the intersection of Front Beach Road and Middle Beach Road you should be Ok--you'll still have traffic but it won't be as bad.
4. Dining can be a little tricky. The early the better since most of the spring breakers will be on the beach until the last possible minute or in their rooms gearing up for the evening ahead. Even a Panama City Beach wedding reception can be accomplished with the right planning!
5. Driving can be a nightmare on Front Beach Road. Whenever possible use Middle Beach Road and Back Beach Road to get around. You can pretty much zip from one part of the beach to the other by avoiding Front Beach Road as much as you can. That's where Panama City Beach has an advantage over Destin where traffic gets so bogged down you could just scream. No easy ways of avoiding the main road in Destin because it is the main road and there aren't any good backways of getting around there unless you are a local and know about the backroads.
6. Crowded beaches--well, sometimes you just want a little space! If you have to stay at a condo or hotel you will see that their beaches will usually be a bit crowded. There are a few places you can go in Panama City Beach to enjoy the beach and relax in peace and quiet. Some of these places do not allow alcohol so most spring-breakers will avoid them. The picture for this post was taken at the height of Spring Break at one of those places--notice how empty the beach is?
7. What to do other than go to the beach? LOTS! Shopping being the biggest thing! Spring Breakers are usually more interested in being on the beach or at the clubs rather than inside a store. Putt-putt golf and other attractions are best done earlier during the day (when spring breakers are on the beach) or later in the evening (when spring breakers are cruising the strip or at the clubs). Same for going to the movies :-)
We hope these tips help a bit if you are planning a Panama City Beach wedding during the spring or even during the summer season. Have any other questions about how to have the best beach wedding ever? Call us at Emerald Coast Beach Weddings to help you plan your special day!